Saturday, August 4, 2012

スケバン Sukeban~~~

Lately I've been totally obsessed with Sukeban themed movies! So of course this lead me to the deep dark wilds of the internet in search of great flicks. The more and more I searched the more I realized how many Sukeban themed dramas and films have come out in Japan within the last 4-5 years.


Which got me to thinking maybe this is one of the reasons, aside from SOULSISTER, that OraOra has become so popular among Japanese gals. I personally love the wave of "Bad Ass" gyaru thats going about. Not that I have anything against sweet styles buts its nice to see there is a more up to date style for us gals who are anything but sweet. Well as far as interest and way of dress go.

Along with oraora becoming popular I've noticed more young gyaru are getting back into the rebel mindset that gyaru started off having. Tan skin is becoming much more popular as well as flamboyant nails and clothing. No longer are they trying to be as doll like and cute as they possibly can. 


Im not really that good at making blog posts but Ill try to keep them coming...hopefully theyll be more interestng as time goes on. Thanks for reading <3

8 comments:

  1. I've always liked the bad ass gal look also
    rock style is my forte. I don't like cute style so much their to natural!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed. if I wanted to be natural I dont think Id be doing gyaru at all. Id just do normal ish

      Delete
  2. I absolutely feel you :)
    I started loving Gyaru because of their rebellious attitude, the wild looks, the sexiness... even if I myself looked like the opposite, always wearing black etc.
    And today we have Soul Sister, combining black-based styles with old-school tanned-and-bleached-hair. Only after I learned about d.i.a. and Ora Ora Gal I finally knew there could probably be a place for me in this subculture! Even if I have been obsessed with Gal (not practicing it) for 6-7 years now. Wow... I learned to love Gal when I was 16 x_X
    And I'm so glad to see the older styles come back, only looking more "modern" and being more wearable for me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ^-^ Same here. I feel like most of today's gaijin gyaru have lost that whole rebellious attitude. Its more about being the cutest and most doll like instead of being creative and fun. And ya' know...being a bit of a rebel.

      Delete
  3. This is a great blog post! :)

    Although I'm a sweet girl personality-wise, I definitely feel more drawn towards these kinds of styles rather than things like hime (stunning to look at but just 'too much' for me personally). To me, oraora is one of the TRUE gal styles, so I love the boom it's experiencing. :) Also I much prefer tough, proactive girls over ones with a pathetic and dependent personality. XD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. In oraora personality and attitude are so important. Its so much more than having a sweet outer appearance and sweet personality. i love it. i think if you were to ask anyone who knows me im far from being aggressive and badass but i dont feel like princess-y styles would do me any justice.

      Delete
  4. I love your new header <3
    And i totally feel like you!
    It's time to be a rebel again ♥

    PS: Love your blog <3

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tough girls are the best! ♥ You've gotta love 'em! I've always liked sukeban and kishidan girls~ So because of this, I wanna get into OraOra style <3
    I found your blog via Bdia Int'l, btw ^^

    ReplyDelete